What we did this week:
Reading: Story - Project Mulberry
Focus Skill: Main Idea and Details
Spelling: Less 22 Suffixes
English: "Nothing Ever Happens in 5th Grade" Writing Sample
Math: Decimals review, wrap-up, test, Fraction concepts & LCM
Religion: AOTS Review of Test, Sacraments of Healing Review Questions
Science: Earth Science - Resources, Hybrids, Soil, Conservation
SS: Greek Warfare, Olympics, Athens
Early in the week, we added a entry to our journals that was a poem titled, "Snow, Snow, Go Away..." I think we may have ticked off Mother Nature! Today we added an entry, "Dear Spring." This weather is no good for free Ritas day! Now we all have to promise about not complaining about the summer heat!
Tuesday: Rdg: WLT #18 Project Mulberry
Wednesday: GRANDPARENTS DAY
Thursday: **FIELD TRIP** See BELOW!
Friday: Spelling Lesson 23
Science Ch 8 Test
Rice Bowls Due
** LAST Book It Book Report & Rdg Calendar Due 3/31**
Whitaker Center Trip Info for Students:
- Arrive at school 7:30-8:00
- Come DIRECTLY to the classroom
- Packed lunches --> boxes in the hallway
- The bus is LEAVING at 8:15. Please be punctual.
- Can bring electronics WITH headphones, small bag to carry things, camera, $ for gift shop.
- Wear gym uniform and sneakers.
Whitaker Center Trip Info for Chaperones:
- When you arrive, see the black table in the hallway for copies of W.C. info for you including our schedule.
- On the top sheet, the students in your group will be listed.
- Students know you are not meant as an additional means of storage for their belongings. If they bring it, they should carry it.
- We will decide day of if coats are required. If it is a cool morning, we may wear them, but just leave them on the bus when we are in the W.C.
- There is no leaving the W.C. for lunch. We will eat together in a room provided to us. No one will be leaving the building until it is time for everyone to depart.
- I will have all supplies for students with medical needs.
- If at ANY time a student is causing you trouble, please let me know and I will keep them with me.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Welcome to Fifth Grade!
My name is Mrs. Lesley Maurer and I am the 5th grade teacher. This is my 14th year teaching in Catholic schools and my 12th year here at SJS.
Email Mrs. Maurer
Monday - Music
Tuesday - Computer
Thursday - Gym & Spanish
Friday - Art