Busy and productive week here in our upstairs corner office at SJS!
1. Conference time confirmation slips have been sent home. Ask your child if you have not yet seen your time. Let me know ASAP if your schedule changes and you need a time/date change.
2. Our class has been loving our "WOTD" (Word of the Day!) So far we've been through abolish, absurd, access, accomplish, achievement, aggressive, alternate, altitude, antagonist, antonym, anxious, apparent, approximate, aroma, assume, astound, available, avalanche, banquet, beverage, bland, blizzard, budge, and bungle. They are encouraged to use the word throughout the day and earn a "teacher's cone" for their desk. The competition is fierce, but we are learning lots of new vocab!
3. Mass today was beautiful! The 4th grade did a wonderful job! Fr. Ryan even hung around and chatted with the kids at lunch and recess too.
4. Our 9/11 good deeds chains are coming home today. I know the students really were surprised to see how many we amassed and I reminded them that each link was for someone who died. Continue to keep the victims and their families in your prayers as we do at school.
5. We performed our first "Reader's Theatre" today! Check out the pictures below!
6. A few parents asked me about assignments that were noted as missing on the grade portal for Art. I spoke with Mrs. Fagnani today about it and it seems that the assignments that were missing were Art Journal HW assignments. She collected all the students' journals today to see if any of those missing assignments could be accounted for. Your child should know what he/she needs to complete for Art class.
7. As per Mr. Golden's letter (sent home this past Tuesday), I will be teaching several "Safe Environment" lessons next week. I teach from a Diocesan-written lesson plan and parents are welcome to come in and look over these if you are interested. I can also have these available during parent conferences if anyone would like to look them over.
Monday: NO SCHOOL!
Wednesday: Math Mult. Quiz
Friday: Spelling Lesson 7
Science Ch 1 Test
Have a wonderful long weekend!
Welcome to Fifth Grade!
My name is Mrs. Lesley Maurer and I am the 5th grade teacher. This is my 14th year teaching in Catholic schools and my 12th year here at SJS.
Email Mrs. Maurer
Monday - Music
Tuesday - Computer
Thursday - Gym & Spanish
Friday - Art