What we did this week:
Reading: Story - The Night of San Juan
Spelling: Lesson 8
English: Singular/Plural Possessive Nouns, Scavenger Hunt for Nouns Game
Religion: Confirmation & The Act of Hope prayer
Science: Life Science - Photosynthesis
SS: Weather, Climate, Storms, Human/Environment Interaction: Pollution
Make sure to check out the 5th grade website from time to time. I try to post pictures occasionally about things we do in the classroom. Plus, I will start posting the additional 5 "challenge" words that are not pre-printed in our Spelling books, but are included in our weekly lists. I will post 2 weeks worth of these words at a time. (Words for lessons 7-8 are posted, words for 9-10 coming soon.) I have also posted links to websites we've used for class that the students enjoy and can share with you.
Just a reminder to follow-up from the Youth Protection Update flier that went home last week...
If you have your clearances, these ID cards are set to expire in December. Due to recent changes and more upcoming changes to the training based on the Sandusky/Penn State trial, you will not be required to retake the training until these changes are implemented in the Diocese program. Therefore, in December, you will be asked to turn in your current badge in exchange for a new one with an extended expiration date.
Wednesday: Current Event (CE) Due
SS Ch 2 Less 3-4 Quiz
Thursday: Reading WLT #7 "When the Circus Came to Town"
English Unit 2 Nouns Test
Friday: Spelling Lesson 9
* We will soon be brainstorming ideas for an upcoming written essay. Students should start to think about WHO they would like to write about and research for a biography.
* Something may "pop up" in Math next week....
* Between Monday-Wednesday, each student should bring in a pumpkin for an in-school project. It should be approximately the size of a soccer ball.
* Wolfgang Prize Assembly Wednesday Oct. 23
* Dress down day for a donation to the missions ($1 suggested). This will be next Friday, October 25th and students should wear black and orange.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Welcome to Fifth Grade!
My name is Mrs. Lesley Maurer and I am the 5th grade teacher. This is my 13th year teaching in Catholic schools and my 11th year here at SJS.
Email Mrs. Maurer
Monday - Music
Tuesday - Computer & Spanish
Thursday - Gym & Guidance
Friday - Art