January 27 - February 1, 2019
Sunday, January 27th
- Opening Liturgy at 9:00 AM
- Families and students from Saint Joseph School and Delone Catholic High School will gather to celebrate Mass and the opening of Catholic Schools Week. Students are encouraged to wear their school uniform.
- School Choir will be singing during the Mass.
Monday, January 28th
St. Joseph School Learns, Serves, Leads and Succeeds in our Community, Nation and World
- We celebrate our community and nation. Students will pray for peace in our community, in our nation, and throughout the world.
- Students in First, Second and Third Grades will create Thank You cards for our Community Helpers. A special treat will be delivered with the cards.
- Fourth and Fifth Grade students will make cards for friends and businesses who support Saint Joseph Catholic School.
- Students in Grades 6-8 will make cards for sick and elderly who are receiving care in local Nursing Homes.
Tuesday, January 30th
St. Joseph School Students Learn, Serve, Lead and Succeed
- Students, Faculty and Staff may dress down in Super Hero T-Shirts.
- Students will receive a pretzel snack from the Home and School Association.
- Students in Grades 6 -8 will participate in a Geography Bee.
- No Homework for Students!
Wednesday, January 31st
St. Joseph School Learns, Serves, Leads and Succeeds with our Faculty and Staff
- Students, Faculty and Staff may dress down in Spirit Wear. Please be sure to wear sneakers and comfortable clothing for our Kids Heart Challenge.
- Students will participate in “Kids Heart Challenge” to benefit the American Heart Association.
- Students in Grades 6-8 will participate in a Math Bee.
- We will attend a Shamrock Pep Rally with a special guest!
- The Home and School Association will provide a Thank You Luncheon for the Saint Joseph School Faculty and Staff.
- We will remember teachers who have passed away by making donations to honor their work by helping to continue their legacies.
- Ms, Deborah Loss and Mrs. Christine Boyer are former teachers of Saint Joseph School who dedicated their lives to helping children. They shared God’s love with many children!
- Ms. Mary Lou Dorffner is a former teacher of St. Joseph School. She was very close to the Sisters of Divine Mercy. Student Council will hold a candy gram sale and make a donation in her memory to the Sisters of Divine Mercy.
Thursday, January 31st
St. Joseph School Learns, Serves, Leads and Succeeds with our Families
- Students will pray for their Parents, Sisters, Brothers, Grandparents, and all other members of their families. Students will ask God to bless their families and to keep them close to Him.
- Students will say “Thank You” to their Parents for the many sacrifices they make in giving them the “Gift of Catholic Education.”
- Students will participate in Winter Olympics. They may wear gym uniform pants with class color shirt.
- Parents of All Students in Kindergarten through Grade 8 are invited to have lunch with their children at the Parish Social Hall. There will be a special surprise at the luncheon to thank our parents for choosing St. Joseph Catholic School.
- Students and parents are invited to a Family Skating Party at Magic Elm from 6 to 8 PM. (sponsored by the Home & School Assoc.)
Friday, February 1st
St. Joseph School Learns, Serves, Leads and Succeeds with our Religious
- We will say “Thank You” to our priests and to the religious of our Saint Joseph Parish by keeping them in our daily prayers. Classes will be making cards for them as well.
- Students will attend the Closing Liturgy for Catholic Schools Week at 8:30 AM in the Church. Following Mass, we will say “Thank you” to our volunteers.
- We will host an Open House from 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM.
- Students will have fun activities with their Prayer Partners in the afternoon.
- Miss Deborah Loss and Mrs. Christine Boyer are former teachers of Saint Joseph School who dedicated their lives to helping children. Shared God’s love with many children! Our scholarship funds honor their work by helping to continue their legacies.
- In Memory of Deborah Loss (1966 - 2006), we will have our annual collection for the Deborah Loss Memorial Scholarship Fund. Please make your check payable to Saint Joseph School and note “Deborah Loss Scholarship Fund” in the memo section. Interest from the fund will be used to provide tuition assistance to students of Saint Joseph School who are in need of this help.
- In Memory of Christine Boyer (1955- 2009), former teacher, parishioner, and friend, we will have our annual collection for the Christine Boyer Memorial Scholarship Fund. Please make your check to Delone Catholic High School and note “Christine Boyer Scholarship Fund” in the memo section of your check. Interest from the fund is used to provide scholarship assistance for DCHS students who are studying to become teachers.