Sunday, January 26th
9 AM ~ Opening Liturgy for Catholic Schools Week - at the Church on Grandview Road
10:00 AM - 12 Noon ~ Saint Joseph School Education Fair - in the Social Hall
* Meet the Teachers *Attend our School Book Fair
*Enjoy Refreshments * See Displays of Students' Work
Monday, January 27th
* All students may wear SILLY SOCKS and BRING THEIR SLIPPERS (to wear in the classroom)
as a fun activity for Catholic Schools Week.
Tuesday, January 28th
* Students Dress Down in school colors and/or spirit wear - showing "school spirit."
* The Home and School Association will provide a special treat for all students!
+ The Hernandez Family will provide a musical performance entitled "Listen for the Voice of
God" for our Elementary Students.
+ Students will participate in a program that challenges our student body to perform 150 Acts
of Kindness. Students will perform these 150 Kind Acts in honor of the 150th Anniversary
of Saint Joseph Church.
Wednesday, January 29th
* Students in Preschool - Grade 5 will participate in the 2014 Winter Olympics as a special
Physical Education Activity.
+ Students may wear their favorite NFL Team Jerseys by donating $1.00 to the missions to
participate in this fun, dress-down activity.
+ Miss Deborah Loss and Mrs. Christine Boyer were former teachers of Saint Joseph School
who dedicated their lives to helping children. Our scholarship funds honor their work by
helping to continue their legacies.
* In memory of Deborah Loss (1966 - 2006), former teacher, parishioner, and friend, we
will have our annual collection for the Deborah Loss Memorial Scholarship Fund. Please
make your check to Saint Joseph School and note Deborah Loss Scholarship Fund in the
memo section of your check.
* In memory of Christine Boyer (1955 - 2009), former teacher, parishioner, and friend,
please make youir check to Delone Catholic High School and note Christine Boyer
Scholarship Fund in the memo section of your check.
Thursday, January 30th
+ Students will pray for their Parents, Sisters, Brothers, Grandparents, and all other members
of their families. Students will ask God to bless their families and to keep them close to Him.
* Students will say "Thank You" to their Parents for the many sacrifices they make in giving
them he "Gift of Catholic Education."
* Students and their parents are invited to a Family Skating Party at Magic Elm (sponsored by
the Home and School Association.)
Friday, January 31st
+ Students will say Thank You to our Priests and to the Religious of our Parish. We will pray
for all Religious and Clergy.
+ 9 AM - 11:15 AM ~ Open House at the Elementary School
~ School Tours and Refreshments for Parents, Parishioners, and Visitors
+ 9 AM - 9:30 AM ~ Prayer Service for Closing of Catholic Schools Week