Well, we had another weird week with the weather, school delays and cancellations. I, for one, am looking forward to spring and a return to our normal schedule!
Look what we learned:
· In religion, we learned about Lent. We discovered that Lent is a time to prepare for Easter by
doing good deeds and showing kindness to others.
· We introduced the star shape this week. We read The Sneetches by Dr. Seuss and made our
own Sneetch craft. This story also reminds us to be kind to others. We learned some new
star songs and played a new name game.
· We are beginning to practice tracing lines. This will lead into learning to trace letters and
· Snack fee for the second half of the year is now due.
· Book Orders are due Feb. 26th.
· Please remember to call the school office if your child will be absent.
Fun at Home:
· Look for stars in your home or when you are away.
· Play “Who took the Cookie from the Cookie Jar.” Write your family members’ names on paper
and take turn showing a card. Substitute the person’s name in the song each round.
· Practice counting to 10. Count everything — shoes, number of stair steps, pennies, toys.
· Using a highlighter, draw horizontal lines on a piece of paper. Give your child a pencil to trace
over the line.
Look what we learned:
· We finally had a normal week! Well, a mostly normal week! In religion, we learned about
Lent. We discovered that Lent is a time to prepare for Easter by doing good deeds and
showing kindness to others. The children will be bringing home an activity sheet from our
religion books. They should color a section each time they do something kind for others.
· We also learned about the letter O and its sound. Weather permitting, we should be able to
begin learning about the letter P next week. We will celebrate with Pajama Day next Friday.
· We also introduced the number 8. We found the Touch Points and had fun with our counting
· Dr. Seuss’ birthday is March 2nd. We started reading some of his books and have activities
with each one. On March 2nd, all of the students are invited to dress up as a favorite Dr.
Seuss character in honor of his birthday.
· Book orders are due Feb. 26th.
· Pajama Day is Feb. 26th.
· Dr. Seuss Day is March 2nd.
· Please call into the school office if your child will be absent.
· Snack fees for the second half of the year are now due.
· In order to help the children gain independence and get ready for Kindergarten, I ask that you
begin dropping your child off at the door in the morning and allowing them to come up the
stairs with Miss Anita or by themselves.
Welcome to our Preschool Blog!
My name is Jessica Scott. This is my 16th year teaching and my 14th year at St. Joseph School. I am excited to begin my 7th year in preschool. In preschool, we play, learn and grow together. I am thrilled to share this preschool experience with your child!
Click to Email
Wednesday -- Music, Phys. Ed. and Library
Friday -- Technology