This week we celebrated Johnny Appleseed Day by making apple prints and watching a short video clip about Johnny Appleseed. We learned that Johnny Appleseed was a great helper, who loved God and was kind to others. Our apple prints are decorating our hallway, but will be sent home soon.
In religion, we completed our unit "I Can Feel." We used textured bean bags to describe they way the materials felt and played in shaving cream. It was messy, but so much fun and a great way to explore with the sense of touch with which God has blessed us!
We introduced the color blue this week. We learned to dance like a big blue whale from a YouTube video (link is below), colored blue objects, snipped blue paper, identified blue objects in our classroom, and put blue stickers into our Smart Books.
We also worked in small groups to put puzzles together. The children did really well with this activity! Kiss your brains!
· Please call the office is your child will be absent.
· Snack fee of August and September is now due.
· If your child is still in a pull-up, please emphasize potty training at home!
· The children are very comfortable in our classroom and with our routines. I encourage you to
allow them to walk to our classroom by themselves or with Miss Anita. Thank you!
· October 7 — Paint Nite Fundraiser
· October 10 — NO SCHOOL (Columbus Day)
· October 14 — Fall Festival
· October 17 — Wolfgang Orders due
· October 21 — NO SCHOOL (Parent-Teacher Conferences)
· October 27 — Picture Day for Terrific Threes
Welcome to our Preschool Blog!
My name is Jessica Scott. This is my 15th year teaching and my 13th year at St. Joseph School. I am excited to begin my 7th year in preschool. In preschool, we play, learn and grow together. I am thrilled to share this preschool experience with your child!
Click to Email
Wednesday -- Music, Phys. Ed. and Library
Friday -- Technology